Biological Anthropology at Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg is looking for a highly motivated
Our research project ′′Establishing Semantic Research Data Modelling in Biological Anthropology′′ aims to improve research data management and curation in biological anthropology by providing appropriate infrastructure. This involves creating a web-based information system for acquisition and tracking of osteological data and subsequent research using the curated data base.
We expect a very high level of self-organisation as well as a creative and solution-oriented mindset. Applicants will be responsible to keep to the production schedule and should be capable of excellent time management, of working in a team and of actively communicating both in-house and with partners abroad. Compliance with predefined workflows is mandatory. The project is experimental in nature and specific to modelling osteological research data in biological anthropology. As a consequence, we are looking for a creative and open-minded collaborator instead of targeting applicants with specific qualifications.
- advanced training to improve individual skills in semantic information systems
- opportunities for active participation in international conferences
The main task will be adaptation of an existing software framework for a domain-specific RDF ontology. This work will mainly concern the front end but might entail framework adjustments. The primary sub-tasks will be:
- designing the software concept with us
- autonomous implementation of said software concept
- testing and optimising the software
- tight collaboration with international project partners
- master or equivalent degree
- experience with semantic web technologies (RDF, SPARQL)
- OR experience in software development
- excellent oral and written knowledge of English
- background in biological or related sciences
- adequate knowledge of the code versioning system git
- knowledge of the programming language TypeScript
The position is available as of now and limited to 18 months. Payment and benefits will be according to the German TV-L pay scale (E 13). The search will be continued until the position is filled.